Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We LOVE Local Artists!!

In fact, we only carry local artisans items in our store! Did you know that our artists also work in our store? It's nice to know when you purchase something that you can speak to and get to know the person that created it. Each of our artists pays special attention to detail and puts a lot of love into their work for you, our customers and friends. We'll be introducing you to our artists and crafters over the next few weeks. Please take a few moments and enjoy a little Q&A with our artisans to learn more about them and what goes into the fabulous works they create!

Nikki Hickman of Belladue


What do you create?
I created upscale, unique and hand-crafted children's gifts.

 
  
What is your bestseller?
Our bestseller changes seasonally. With Back to school we sell a lot of backpacks and "Kindergarten Rocks" t-shirts. Through the holidays we sell a lot of monogrammed t-shirts. And birthday sets are always popular.



Why do you buy handmade?
I buy handmade to support other local artists. I am truly blessed to be able to create things in my home studio. That way I can be home with my kids and still have a creative outlet. I love helping others who may be trying to accomplish the same goal.










What do you enjoy most about selling your handmade goods?

I love selling hand-crafted gifts because they are made with love. They are completely customizable. So if you purchase something from us there won't be a million available at the big box stores. I love that people appreciate the effort that is put into creating something new. It makes me smile :)









You can see more of Nikki's work through the Belladue website and in our store:


Thanks for stopping by! :) Jessi









No comments:

Post a Comment