Monday, August 22, 2011

We LOVE Local Artists!!

In fact, we only carry local artisans items in our store! Did you know that our artists also work in our store? It's nice to know when you purchase something that you can speak to and get to know the person that created it. Each of our artists pays special attention to detail and puts a lot of love into their work for you, our customers and friends. We'll be introducing you to our artists and crafters over the next few weeks. Please take a few moments and enjoy a little Q&A with our artisans to learn more about them and what goes into the fabulous works they create!

Linda Ramirez of Livi Lu Creations


What do you create?
I make handmade greeting cards and paper crafts.



What is your bestseller?
My best sellers are the “mature” lady greeting cards and the personalized baby and wedding cards. The “purse” bags are gaining in popularity as they contain four greeting cards or come empty for filling with your special gifts and treats.


What goes into making it?
For custom orders, communication with the customer is crucial in determining exactly what they are looking for. I make suggestions on the overall design of the card and the verse for the individual occasion. Once the customer’s theme is determined, my creative mind gets going to create the card’s special look and feel. Review copies of the card are sent to the customer and changes are made as necessary to meet the customer’s needs. When creating a new card, I try to design artwork that is cute, funny, special, or seasonal for general use. My cards incorporate color using ink markers to achieve a one-of-a-kind look. Of course “bling” always adds pizzazz to the cards as appropriate.


Do you take custom orders?

Yes, I love custom orders!


Who are you outside of the business?

I am retired from a sales profession calling on major retailers and enjoy spending time with my family. I have a wonderful and supportive group of friends who are there for me and encourage me to pursue my talents and creativeness. Along with my paper crafting, my hobbies also include gardening, cooking, and enjoying friends and family.



What do you enjoy most about selling your handmade goods?

The joy and pleasure they bring to my customers. I love to hear feedback on how the card or gift was received. It makes me feel good to know I have brought some special meaning & enjoyment to someone. It is very rewarding.



Why do you buy handmade?
When a person receives a handmade item it displays more meaning and thought from the giver and expresses more heart felt feeling toward the receiver. Overall, I believe most people appreciate receiving something with meaning rather than something off a shelf. When buying handmade you know it is unique and was carefully designed and made for the individual person. I love seeing and hearing reactions from people when they read some of my verses and designs.



You can see more of Linda's work on Facebook and in our store:

No comments:

Post a Comment