Thursday, June 23, 2011

We LOVE Local Artists!!

In fact, we only carry local artisans items in our store! Did you know that our artists also work in our store? It's nice to know when you purchase something that you can speak to and get to know the person that created it. Each of our artists pays special attention to detail and puts a lot of love into their work for you, our customers and friends. We'll be introducing you to our artists and crafters over the next few weeks. Please take a few moments and enjoy a little Q&A with our artisans to learn more about them and what goes into the fabulous works they create!

Tiffany Albanese of Posh Principessa


What do you create?
We make sweet and trendy children's clothing. We love bold colors and funky styles :)


What is your bestseller?
The Flower Power skirt set has been the best seller this summer.  Although, the Ellen dresses sell well each season because they are so versatile.


What goes into making your clothing line?
When designing a line, I look and look and look some more at all the amazing fabrics (I'm addicted to fabric!).  I piece fabrics together and change my mind a million times.  Once, I have chosen everything (and I usually change my mind one more time, ha), we begin the production.  I used to make everything from my home.  Once our company grew (thanks wonderful customers), I had to reach out for more help.  Right now, everything is still locally made in St. Louis.  We are proud to have everthing made in the U.S.A!!


What do you enjoy most about selling your handmade goods?
I love to see kiddos wearing the Posh Principessa clothes.  It makes me smile because the kids are all so cute :)


Do you take custom orders?
Yes and no...I am not taking custom orders at this time, but am not very good at saying no...so I am always working on custom orders :)


Who are you outside of the business?
I am a mother of two amazing children; Rocco and Ava.  (and one furry daughter, Yogi).  "I am married to my best friend!"...  but truly I am.  My husband encourages me to follow my dreams and I can't thank him enough for that!  I love to run, sew, and spend time with my family.  There is nothing better in the world than seeing my kids smile and laugh.  I live for that :)


Why do you buy handmade?
It is unique :)


You can follow Posh Principessa on Facebook, the website, and in our store:

Thanks for stopping by! :) ~Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment